Mobile Web App
Booking taxis in Canberra just got easier.
Aerial announces the release of Canberra Elite Book &Track, a new smartphonefriendly mobile site that allows booking taxis in Canberra using GPS. The Canberra Elite taxi fleet can now be booked using smartphones without the hassle of downloading an application but works just like one.It is simple to use, just visit
on any smartphone and save the web app to your home screen for convenience. The mobile booker will locate and book for taxis nearby or use it to make a future booking and receive an SMS notification when the taxi is close by.
Once you have registered your account for the first time, booking a taxi has never been so easy. Use Quick Book and book a taxi to your location in 2 quick clicks.
How to use Canberra Elite Book & Track:
There are a few simple steps to making a taxi booking using Book & Track.
- Step 1 – Visit Web App: Visit www.canberraelite.com.au on your smartphone.
- Step 2–Register:
For existing Canberra Elite customers, who have used the web booking option, proceed to sign in with your existing login details. For new users, select ‘Create New Account’ and fill in the requested informationthen select ‘Register’. You will be sent an SMS to the registered mobile number with a verification code; this is a one-off step process.
- Step 3 – Save:Once completed you will be taken to the ‘Book and Track’ home page. You can return to the home page at any time by selecting the Canberra Elite logo.For Apple users, you will be prompted to save this site to your home screen; do this and start to use Book & Track just like an app. For Android and Windows, it has to be selected manually from the web options.
- Step 4 –Booking:You will be able to see 2 booking options, Quick Booking or Make a Booking.
- Quick Book:allows you to book through GPS tracking as it locates you. If this is selected, you will see a pin drop of the current location (the pin drop symbol can be moved to adjust address). If the address is correct, Booka taxi by clicking ‘Book’. You will receive a successful booking message. Select ‘Track’ to track your taxi to your location.
Alternatively, select ‘Next’ and you will be able to select the type of vehicle required for this booking, whether it be a single taxi; up to 3 taxis; a maxi (up to 11 pax); or a wagon. When this is done, continue by selecting ‘Book’ if you are ready now. Alternatively, select ‘next’ to input destination and pickup time. You will be provided with a booking confirmation message and emailonce your booking has been submitted. All bookings will appear in the ‘My Bookings’ menu.
- Make a Booking (future):Another option available is ‘Make a Booking’. Select this option and you will need to specify vehicle type and continue by clicking ‘Next’. You will now have two options to enter your pick-up address, by street name or landmark. Select suburb and street/landmark name of pick-up location and you would be able to proceed.
Enter ‘Drop-Off Address’. You will have the option to select ’As Directed’;or enter destination address or select suburb and street/landmark name to proceed.
Note: pick-up and drop-off location can be saved as ‘Favourite’ for future ease of use.
You will be asked to select ‘Ready Now’. If you would like to schedule for later, enter the date and required pick-up time. There are also options for users to select from if there’s a need to inform the driver; such as ‘Do not send a bus’, ‘Need a wagon with no cage’, ‘Travelling with a bike’ and more. When ready click ‘Next’.
You will now be asked if you would like to receive an ETA message.
If applicable, select one of the options from the ‘Notes’ section to inform the driver of no honking, if you’re waiting in the corner/car park, to ring the bell and more.
Now confirm all the details and proceed by selecting ‘Finish’. You will immediately receive a Booking ID and sent a confirmation email for future reference.
- ETA Message -ETA allows us to send you an SMS that tells you when your taxi, including the taxi number, is within 900m of the pickup. PLEASE NOTE – ETA uses premium SMS services on your phone and this will incur an SMS cost from your Telco supplier. Please ensure that you have access for premium SMS on your smartphone. If you don’t want a message to tell you that a taxi is within 900 m of the requested pickup point, then select “NO”.
- Booking Confirmation –For all bookings you will receive a booking success message and a confirmation email at your registered address, outlining the details of your booking.
- My Bookings -You can also select My Bookings from the top right hand drop down menu. This will provide a list of bookings and their reference IDs along with options to cancel, modify or track. Completed bookings will remain in you’re ‘My Bookings’ for 10 days after the completed job. You will not be able to modify a booking made from Quick Bookings. You will be able to modify a booking made from ‘Make a Booking’ up to 15 mins prior to the scheduled time. Both types of bookings can be cancelled from the ‘My Bookings’ page.
- Track -When you receive your booking success message, you will see an option to track booking. Select this and you will be taken to a GPS map indicating your location; the status of the booking; and options to modify the booking or to call the base. Track Bookings can also be accessed through the web app home page option, ‘Track Bookings’. Here you will be taken to you’re ‘My Bookings’ page for a list of bookings to track.
Status of the bookings are:
- Dispatching:You will be able to modify or cancel your booking at this point from the track page.For bookings made through ‘Make a Booking’ you will be able to modify the booking up to 15 mins before the scheduled pickup time.
- TX #: A taxi in your area has accepted the job and will commence heading to your location. The taxi number will display in the status. You will not be able to modify the booking. You will still be able to cancel the booking through the web app.
Once your booking status is assigned, the taxi and its TX number will appear on the GPS map and as the Status. You will be able to see the taxis progress on its way to you. Please ensure you get into the taxi with the TX number that is assigned to you. These numbers are displayed on the front and rear number plate of the taxi and also on the side wheel guards at the front of the car.
- Other Menu Features –‘Taxi Fare Estimator’ allows you to obtain fare estimation with a couple of easy steps. ‘My Favourite’ allows you to view and edit your favourite pick-up and destinations for future bookings. ‘Profile’ is a feature where you are able to save or modify your contact details required for your bookings. If you wish to register a different mobile phone number to your account, please do this through your profile option.